Home Forums Creature Canteen Book Reviews

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Bob Beard Bob Beard 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Davis
    Daniel Davis
    Scout Administrator

Though this is loosely tied to the Book Club Badge, you can review and share books that you enjoy here.

Daniel Davis
    Daniel Davis
    Scout Administrator

Our next Book Club book will be China Mieville’s “The Kraken”. Mieville is a fantastic writer, who crafts these dense worlds populated by weird fantasy unlike Tolkien or “standard” fantasy. It’s something different.

The Kraken is his most approachable book, I think. (And certainly less alien than Perdido Street Station, my favorite book of his.) It’s been a couple of years since we’ve read it, so we’re looking forward to digging in again, to experience it.

Shannell Gutierrez
    Shannell Gutierrez
    Monster Scout

When will this book group review need to be posted? I love books/reading and look forward to being a part of this awesome group!

Daniel Davis
    Daniel Davis
    Scout Administrator

Oh, this is just about sharing books that you enjoy, but doing a book review of your own. It can be posted any old time that you’d like.

Diana Clark
    dianadomino
    Monster Scout

Am reading Kracken, but had eye surgery, so am anxious to continue where I left off, about 1/3 of the way through. It has a certain Douglas Adams feel to it that I am kind of enjoying. Please, Daniel, keep us posted as to when the next book club meeting is so that I am sure to finish the book in time!

Bob Beard
    Bob Beard
    Monster Scout

Has anyone read “A Natural History of Dragons”? It’s the first in a series of novels about a Victorian woman traveling the world to further the knowledge about wyrms, sea serpents, and dragons.

I was going to give it away at Shindig, but didn’t finish it in time. It is very enjoyable!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.