Home Forums Creature Canteen Conjure Guard – Witch Stitches

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Susan Fox Susan Fox 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Keri Palmetto
    Keri Palmetto
    Monster Scout

Hello! New recruit here!!

I am looking to connect with members of the Conjure Guard and get some tips about Witch Stitches!!

Are there some basic stitches I should know before diving in? Tried and tested stitches of yore? Personal favorites?

I would love to see pictures of what people have already created and I’ll be sure to post mine!

Daniel Davis
    Daniel Davis
    Scout Administrator

Dawna Davis is the Crowmistress of the stitches… I’ll see if I can get her to at least take a few photos of her Conjure Guard book, to share. (Dawna isn’t an online person, so much.)

Daniel Davis
    Daniel Davis
    Scout Administrator

We managed to recruit a Spy Scout who was kind enough to get these photos of the ancient book of Witch Stitches. We don’t have a chance to writeup the instructions, but hopefully this will give you a starting point.

Keri Palmetto
    Keri Palmetto
    Monster Scout

These are absolutely lovely!! Please send my regards to the brave Spy Scout and to Crowmistress Dawna!!!

Scout Wendy
    Scout Wendy
    Monster Scout

Brilliant! Makes me want to take up a needle and thread again.

Tyra Witherup
    Tyra Witherup
    Monster Scout

I can’t wait to learn some of these in person at Shindig!

Cynthia Brendza
    Cynthia Brendza
    Monster Scout

Oh my gosh this is great. I just ordered my conjuring hat from a lovely lady in Canada off of Etsy and it will be here in time Phx Comicon! I have a capelette/mantle from a steampunk outfit, but it’s beige. Once I fix it up it should represent the Conjur Guard I hope.

Cynthia Brendza
    Cynthia Brendza
    Monster Scout

Hi Keri,

I am so glad you asked this question-I’ve known about Monster Scouts since the Phoenix Comicon in 2015, but in 2016 really started getting involved. I just chose the Conjur Guard as my branch and I’m working on my Uniform for this years PHCC. Can’t wait to really think about my stitch book.

Keri Palmetto
    Keri Palmetto
    Monster Scout

Cynthia~

I also just started getting involved recently, and what a great time to do so! It looks like there’s gonna be lots of cool stuff happening this year! I just started putting together my uniform too and hopefully it’ll be done by San Diego Comic Con. I can’t wait to see pictures of yours! Right now I’m just using a little dot grid notebook to do sketches and take notes in. One day I’m sure it’ll become a fancy journal :P

Melisa Cahill
    Melisa Cahill
    Monster Scout

Hi, fresh Conjure Guard here.  Is the system in the images organization wide or do each troop or each individual come up with their own method of stitches?

Daniel Davis
    Daniel Davis
    Scout Administrator

I’d say that it’s org wide, and any Scout can learn them. (Though they are really the dominion of the Guard.) When we get our game going, only Conjure Guard will be able to create stitches in game (with in game effects.)

But, in real life, any Monster Scouts can learn them.

Susan Fox
    Susan Fox
    Monster Scout

My new Conjure Guard capelet, with witch stitches over the heart. Yes, that is stitched with the twisted cording from Steam Crow packaging. 

SF Conjure Guard capelet

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.