Home Forums Missions Mission 7: Art Scout

This topic contains 23 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Randi Heckadon Randi Heckadon 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Davis
    Daniel Davis
    Scout Administrator

Hey Scouts!

Show off your creativity by accomplishing Mission 7: Art Scout.

You should post your art here, on our Facebook page, (and everywhere else). When you’ve done all that, please request your Art Scout Badge!

Thank you for playing!

Monster Scouts of Michigan

This mission seems to be listed as a topic on here twice! Made a note on FB about my submission form being wonky!

CJ_Mkay
    CJ_Mkay

A Doom Mime icon

I don’t know if there’s like, an official Doom Mime design, so I just went for creepy.

2016 Shindig Remix

Shannon Potratz
    BeastTratz

MonsterPoster

“By 1907, the Crow Scouts were a national phenomenon. Thousands of children (and adults) had joined up, and were learning about the Monsters that surrounded us. Baron returned to his farm, and rebuild it as a massive log lodge and headquarters of the Scouts.”

Below is one of the only known copies of the original builder’s plans for The Grand Lodge. When Baron decided to renovate his old family farm, he called on some of the greatest architects and designers that he had met in his travels. The firm Ghast, Munster, and Oboroten’ was chosen specifically by the Baron for their ingenuity and creativity when it came to designing to accommodate for all types of folks, humans and monsters alike. They brought a varied depth of culture and history together to make the largest log cabin lodge in the day.

Some highlights of the design included: soaring ceilings, large stone fireplaces, special meeting halls for each branch of the scouts, a large group dining hall, and a soaring tower capped off with Baron Davis’s private office and living quarters.

(When designing this building I imagined that each of the designers came from different backgrounds as it was during the time of the great European migration to the states. Hence a multitude of styles and features were mixed together. From the wooden chapels of Russia, to the fire towers of the newly formed US Forest Service. I hope you all enjoy this piece! FerinR)

The Grand Lodge

Daniel Davis
    Daniel Davis
    Scout Administrator

Great work, everyone!

Narissa Kozel
    Narissa Kozel
    Monster Scout

A conjure guard member trying to convince her ghost pal to join the scouts!

Raven Cruz
    Raven Cruz
    Monster Scout

This is Scout RevengeLover checking in :D

Purple monster

Brandy Houghtaling
    Brandy Houghtaling
    Monster Scout

Pen and ink drawing of two of my scout personas admiring what I call a Capricorn Dog.

Toni Morgan
    Toni Morgan
    Monster Scout

Greetings fellow Monster Scouts! I joined recently after learning about this awesome group at WonderCon. I’m going to attempt to fulfil Mission 7 while introducing myself. So let’s see how this goes! #monsterscouts#monsterscoutsmission7

I’m originally from Guam (Hafa Adai to any other Chamorro Monster Scouts out there), but I’m in San Diego currently for medical care (I have endometriosis, not the kind of monster I would wish on anyone, and one I’d actually rather slay). Back on Guam, we have legends and myth involving monsters and various other jungle creatures, one of which is called the Taotaomona. Literally translated, this means original people of the land. Legend tells this jungle giant is pure terror to behold, but we have no photographic evidence of its existence, just psychic and paranormal activity surrounding its whereabouts. The Taotaomona live in banyan trees all over the island and make people sick with fever and sometimes kidnap small children, but only if you don’t ask permission to enter its domain. The Taotaomona have little goblin-like friends, called Duendes, that like playing tricks on people and have the biggest, creepiest mischievous smile you could imagine. I, too, liked to play tricks when I was a kid and I would always blame it on the Duendes… heh.

A while back, I created a Guam emoji app, to help promote my culture and share our love of laughs. In my Halloween pack (I love Halloween bee tee dubs), I included a Taotaomona and a Duendes… and here they are for your enjoyment :D These monsters say Hafa Adai (hello) all the way from Guam!Duendes Taotaomona

Melissa Prince
    Melissa Prince
    Monster Scout

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Jasper</p>

Michael Nguyen
    Michael Nguyen
    Monster Scout

I carved a few stamps. I’ll be using these to promote the scouts with my letterboxing friends as well as introducing letterboxing to scouts. Double dip!

Jasmine Litsey
    Jasmine Litsey
    Monster Scout

Lisa Howard
    Lisa Howard
    Monster Scout

MonsterScouts!  Not only protecting the monster of the land and sea, but our freshwater friends, too, whether it be Nessie, WaterBabies, or Grindylows.  Found this gem in the Library of Congress’ photo archives.

Lisa Howard
    Lisa Howard
    Monster Scout

Meet FiFi the flatulent Baku.  My invisible (well, sometimes) monster pal.  You can read all about his story in the Scout Story Mission forum OR under the files on our Facebook page.  SO MUCH FUN TO DO!

Carlyle Workman
    Carlyle Workman
    Monster Scout

My doodle of what I imagine the SKull Scouts duke o the dead would look like

Darcy Casavant
    Darcy Casavant
    Monster Scout

I love the letterboxing stamp!! I would love to see a Monster Scout series (or a traveling Scout stamp). 

Samantha Grey
    Samantha Grey
    Monster Scout

Created these for mine and Nick Comerford’s Doom Mime uniforms for Phoenix Comic Con 2017!!! <3 <3 The eye one is his and the octopus is his. <3 

Samantha Grey
    Samantha Grey
    Monster Scout

^^^^(Here’s Nick’s)

Randi Heckadon
    Randi Heckadon
    Monster Scout

Is letterboxing the same as penpal?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.