Home Forums Creature Canteen Scout Branches

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Toni Morgan Toni Morgan 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jacob Arce
    Jacob Arce
    Monster Scout

I’m not sure if this is the right place for this but, I’m not sure which branch I would best fit in with. Any ideas on how I can decide?

Thanks

Daniel Davis
    Daniel Davis
    Scout Administrator

Hey Jacob!

It’s sort of a personal question… for now, it just depends on what kind of thing appeals to you. The particular story, uniform, or whatever. I’ve been wanting to make a personality test to help folks, but alas… time is short.

We’re actually working on a live-action game for the Scouts… and the abilities will be defined by the actual branch that you choose. It’s a massive project, and brand-new, so bear with us… progress will take time.

Because of this, we’re locking down the number of new Branches until it’s done.

Branches include:

• Clocktalkers (Coming… Mechanics)
    • Conjure Guard
    • Dark Librarians (Coming… Knowledge masters)
    • Deepsea Scouts
    • Doom Mimes
    • Monster Medics
    • Psychic Scouts (Coming)
    • Rangers
    • Scare Force
    • Signal Scouts
    • Skull Scouts
    • Yokai Scouts (Coming)

Welcome! I hope that this helps just a little.

Nathan Matthews
    Nathan Matthews
    Monster Scout

I got the sea scout badge, but now I feel sort of pulled towards the Clocktalkers, can I be more than one? Or would I need to switch to the clocktalkers?

Daniel Davis
    Daniel Davis
    Scout Administrator

You can create multiple Scout Personas; that’s what I’d suggest, in case you want to play our live-action Monster Scouts game. (In progress, but coming later.) The branches matter in the game, and you can’t really mix them.

If it’s all just for fun, yeah, mix em up! Just make the story of WHY and HOW!

Jacob Arce
    Jacob Arce
    Monster Scout

Hey, thank you Daniel for all the info (I was away for the week so I wasn’t able to see until now). I was hoping for something a little more mechanical, but over the week I was heavily debating the Core Crows.

Also a personality test sounds like a great idea!

Chris Garvey
    Chris Garvey
    Monster Scout

YOKAI SCOUTS?! Great, now I have to make two uniforms…though a steampunk Clocktalker could make me make a third…

Brian Cagle
    Brian Cagle
    Monster Scout

I’m really excited to see the formation of the Yokai Scouts, it’s something I’ve waited to see come to fruition for a while

Nathan Matthews
    Nathan Matthews
    Monster Scout

Is it possible to have 2 classes at the same time? Like be a clocktalker sea scout? But still be one class for the game.

Lisa Howard
    Lisa Howard
    Monster Scout

*flailing kermit arms* oh man, I can’t waaaaaait for details on the game!  :D  I don’t have enough energy for more than one persona. Ranger I is, and Ranger I stay. But still – squeeeeeeeeeeeeee excited!

Jacob Arce
    Jacob Arce
    Monster Scout

I think my biggest issue is that I consider myself a jack of all trades and can’t put myself into just one role

Christopher Guest
    Christopher Guest
    Monster Scout

Now I’m new to these woods, but I agree with Daniel on this, at least in the beginning. You should be able to create multiple characters each with a different class. Wouldn’t really be wise to bog yourself down with too many bells and whistles at the very beginning of something everyone would be new to. Start out slow. Pick what seems most interesting to you and build that character. I mean get in deep. Up to your elbows, if needed. Once we have expanded ourselves and we begin tapping out ventures, that’s when we can turn things up a notch by adding in different mixes.

Yours always,

Rizzo the Know-it-all

P.S. At the risk over overstepping my newbie grounds further, let me know if you ever want to talk about expanding class ideas. I am down like a clown when it comes to mechanics and game play diversity.

Jacob Arce
    Jacob Arce
    Monster Scout

That’s some good advice, thank you Rizzo.

Toni Morgan
    Toni Morgan
    Monster Scout

I can’t decide between DeepSea Scouts, Conjure Guard, Dark Librarians, and Scare Force. So I’m making a uniform for each of my favorite branches. For a game, though, I’d probably lean more toward Conjure Guard or Dark Librarians. Thinking about a Monster Scout game makes me VERY EXCITED LOL

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.