SHINDIG 101: What Should I Be Prepping?
- April 14, 2017 at 2:29 pm #10852
Daniel DavisScout Administrator
Hey, as we approach SHINDIG Season here in August, I thought that I should probably plant some seeds on what’s to expect, and how to prep.
- Get your camping gear ready to go. Look at some supply lists so you don’t have to remember everything. Here are some Camping Resources we use.
- Make some meal plans. We’ll do 2 potlucks – one on Friday Night, and Saturday Night.
- Get your uniform together. Choose a Branch. Get a grey shirt, stitch some badges onto your satchel/bag of choice.
- Gather stuff for Barter Circle. This can be hand-made crafts, art, old gear, Monster stuff, interesting supplies, or other Scoutcraft. Barter is a blast!
- Get your dice ready! We have a game library that we’ll bring, but you can bring your favorite game to play and share, too!
- What can you Craft/Teach? If you can offer some Monster Scouty activity that you want to share at SHINDIG, please let us know!
- Do some Missions! As you anticipate our campout, don’t forget that you can earn badges NOW! You’ll be decked out with more HEXES!
- Learn about the Monster Scouts. Read up on the site. Check out the Glossary. Read about Branches. Learn our Story and Culture.
Nerds In Nature!
Prepare for a weekend of less technology, and more chill! Don’t panic, but start prepping for a great weekend!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Comments are closed.