Challenge: Write a Story About a Monster Scout
The Monster Scouts have a long history of believing, studying, and protecting our monster friends. (And heck, 33% of Monster Scouts ARE monsters!)
Write about a Scout’s adventure, monster friend, history, achievements, journal, or tale… and earn a free badge!
Avoid documenting the entire history of Baron Davis, though he can certainly appear in your story. (Remember, he disappears in October of 1917.)
- 1000-5000 words (And yeah, if you need more, you can make it longer.)
- Most Scout adventures occurred between 1903 and 1920; set your story in this era, if possible.
- Share it with our community for free (You retain the copyright for your work.)
- Must not contain trademarks of other companies. (No “Coke”.)
Share your story with our community!
- BARON’S BEARD! Use spellcheck.
- Have a friend read your story first, before submitting it.
- Try to include some of the trappings of the Monster Scouts; our culture, uniforms, gear, history, vocabulary, Badges, Credo.
- Make it entertaining to read.
- Remember that this is the era of PULP ADVENTURE!
- Longer isn’t necessarily better; keep it short.
- Use minimal formatting so that it can easily be pasted into our Forum and Facebook pages.
- Don’t impact the overall Monster Scout history; ie, don’t change our history, talk about how Baron Davis fought in WWII (he didn’t),
You could write about…
- A specific Troop’s adventures/journeys
- A specific monster, and how she was assisted by a Monster Scout
- The feats and failures of a Monster Scout that you make up, in the form of journal entries
- A Monster Scout unit fighting the Axis in WWI, and what they encountered. (The Unliving armies of the Axis!)
- Conflicts between the Monsterologists and a specific Monster Scout or Troop.
- A Monster Medic and her challenges in Medical School. (Since she’s a monster.)
- A terrible gig from the famous Monster Scout Marching Band, ELF MOTH!
Be specific rather than general (documenting the entire history of the Monster Scouts – this Mission isn’t about that).
Once you’ve written and shared your story, submit it to receive your Story Scout Badge: