Challenge: Write a Monster Scout Song
We need songs to sing around the campfire, songs for marching in a Calamity Parade, and songs about Marrow Thatch, monsters, and other Scouts of note.
- No copyright infringement! (It can be a public domain tune, reworked with new lyrics.)
- The song must be shared with our community. (MP3 is ideal.)
- The lyrics should be listed with your post, so we can learn your song easier.
- Song length should ideally be from 1 – 3 minutes, though obviously some circle songs can go on for much longer, and some tunes might be shorter. (So that’s okay.)
- You have to sing your song… you can’t just post a tune with lyrics… we have to HEAR your complete song.
Share your story with our community!
- In our Community Forum
- On our Facebook Group page
- If it’s a video, YouTube is also a good place to share
We need songs! We need the Monster Scouts to ring out through the woods, so monsters can hear our call! (We also need something to sing around the fire, instead of us all just banging rocks together.)
A great song might even be a method for us to recruit new Scouts!
- We’re open to any genre, though it would be rad to have songs that can be played around the campfire. But, if you’re a punk band (for example) then do a punk song.
- Old Timey (early 1900’s) songs convey the “antique universe” that we’re building, but that is not a requirement.
- Songs can be spooky, fun, funny, and/or weird. (If you can, make them fun to sing!)
- Chose something specific to sing about. (You might praise Marrow Thatch’s noggin, the Barn Goblin, or how a monster or Scout was rescued.)
- If you’re not a musician, find a public domain song, and rewrite the lyrics to it, and sing it loud!
You could write about…
- A particular BRANCH of Monster Scout: Core Scouts, Monster Medics, the Rangers, the Scare Force, the Conjure Guard, the Doom Mimes, or the Deepsea Scouts, etc.
- Your favorite monster.
- Marching in the Calamity Parade.
- The SHINDIG Campout
- The Battle Hymn of Baron Davis and his doomed Monster Patrol (in the trenches of WW1 France)
- Or anything else that celebrates our Order!
Be specific rather than general (documenting the entire history of the Monster Scouts – this Mission isn’t about that).
Once you’ve written and shared your story, submit it to receive your Scout Song Badge: