Challenge: Promote, pledge, promote!
Support the Monster Scouts by pledging and spreading the word about our 2017 Kickstarter Membership Drive.
Why? Instead of charging for memberships, we are doing an annual Membership Drive with some perks to support our development of the Monster Scouts. We need your help to let everyone know about our awesome secret society and to make this Membership Drive a big success!
This is primarily a Social Media campaign; use your online contacts and wits to SHOUT about the SCOUTS!
How to Get Started
- Join the Monster Scouts. It’s alright, it’s free.
- Pledge at any level for the Kickstarter.
- Follow the directions below.
- Keep track and document your contributions. You can do that in this forum.
- On the final Kickstarter survey, we will ask for links to your social media to verify your participation.
Where To Promote
- Social Media sites: Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Twitter, Ello and any other Social Media where you have Followers.
- Email to friends: Don’t spam folks, but let them know about why you’re excited about the Scouts and Kickstarter Membership Drive.
- Forums: If you are a member of any related online communities or forums (excluding the Boy/Girl Scouts) post there, but be respectful of their rules.
Be creative; if you have a great idea to reach interested online folks, do it. (Just don’t upset anyone.)
When To Do This
To be successful with this mission, you must post to social media linking to the Kickstarter a minimum of six times, including the required dates below. Please continue to promote ANYTIME during the campaign.
We need your voice at these times, especially:
First required date: April 24th, 2017
It is especially critical to get to a strong start; folks are most likely to support a Kickstarter when they see that it is successful, or very likely of success. Make sure that you SHOUT and amplify our message on April 24th.
- Join the Monster Scouts, and support the Kickstarter Membership Drive today!
- Believe in Monsters? Support the Monster Scouts Kickstarter!
- Earn badges! Help support the cause! Monster Scouts believe in Monsters!
- Or something better! Your own words will probably be the best.
Bonus personal mission: Submit our Kickstarter to a geek/nerd/niche blog or news site. Be persuasive and short, and try to entice them to write about us.
Second required date: May 1st, 2017
All Kickstarters tend to die in the middle of the campaign. Please say something about the Scouts (and link to our KS page) during May 1st.
- Tell folks something that you like about the Scouts, or what they might like too.
- Share a pledge level image that you think is cool.
- Show off an image of your Badges, Uniform, or Scouts creation; let folks know that they can get involved too.
Bonus personal mission: Make your own 1 minute Scout video promoting the Kickstarter.
Third required date: May 14th, 2017
Things will heat up for the last days of our campaign. It is super important that time is running out to be a part of the campaign.
“Times running out! Help support the Monster Scouts today!”
“Only __ hours left to support the Monster Scouts Kickstarter Membership Drive!”
“I pledged on the Monster Scouts Kickstarter, have you?”
We need to finish strong!
- Make sure that EVERY POST links to our Kickstarter page. Use the shortened link: http://bit.ly/scouts17
- Make sure that you HASHTAG every post with #shoutscout17 and #monsterscouts
- Post at least 6 times during the campaign including on the required dates: April 24th, May 1st and May 14th. You MUST post a minimum of 6 times total, but please feel free to promote more than that.
- Repost/Share our official Kickstarter posts. (You don’t have to do them all.)
- Use campaign images! (Either from the Kickstarter page or ones provided by this mission.)
- Documentation: Please save screenshots and/or links so we can see your effectiveness. If you are unable to provide us with proof of your participation, we can’t give you your badge.
- Bonus personal mission: Write a short blog post or video about the Monster Scouts and our Kickstarter, either on your blog, Facebook, forum, or other place that will be seen.
Please keep in mind that we need your help to be effective; please don’t do the least amount possible to earn a free badge.
We probably won’t reward anyone who opens new social media accounts that do not have legitimate followers just to meet the minimum requirements; we’re looking for effectiveness… we need you help make this Kickstarter Membership Drive succeed!
Here are some images to use with your posts:
Make sure that you put http://bit.ly/scouts17 in your post, to make it easy for folks to find the Kickstarter. Remember to use the #shoutscout17 and #monsterscouts hashtags too.
Scouts who meet all of the requirements (see above) will receive this exclusive White Crow Spirit Badge for free with their Kickstarter pledge:
Note: White Crow Spirit Badges will not be sent out until September at the earliest; they will be produced as part of this Kickstarter too.
On the final Kickstarter Survey sent at the end of the campaign, we’ll ask for you to provide links to your social media profiles and/or proof that you completed the mission so that we can verify. Please do not use the Mission Fulfillment section of our site for this mission.
What if we make our goal, early?
No worries, keep on promoting. Kickstarters don’t end once you meet the initial funding goal; that’s just the minimum required to get this project off of the ground. The further we go, the more stretch goals we can unlock.