The Signal Scouts are the messengers and protectors of “old Orange” our pennant. They lead Calamity Parades, give tours, and generally shine our colors far and wide.
The Signal Scouts lead our Banner ceremonies, and give New Scout tours at SHINDIG MONSTER CAMPS.
- “the Bannermen/Bannerwomen”
Most Signal Scouts
- Are outgoing and friendly
- Own several Calamity Flags, in various sizes
- Know how to signal and send messages to each other with the wave of a flag
- Have excellent people skills
Some Signal Scouts
- Sew large banners to be flown at events
- Learn how to fly Pennant Kites, and utilize them at events.
- Are members of Flag Guard Patrols
- Help others learn flag-craft
- Uniform Shirt
- Facemask (Grey for rank and file; Orange for leaders)
- At least two Calamity Flags (Telescoping is ideal)
- A luck parasol for inclement weather
The Signal Scouts are currently lead by Pennantmaster Stephen Carpenter.
The first Signal Scout was Ivan Kularak, a Trolla flag-bearer of much energy and grit. He was said to carry the largest Calamity flags ever seen; his tallest banner pole was over 19 ft tall!